ROK Life: Family Legal ServicesSeparation of lawyer and wallet.
Protect yourself and your family with pre-paid legal services so you don't have to worry about astronomical attorney fees for basic life affairs and minor infractions.
That's right – there's zero charge for these nine services through Legal Club: Initial phone consultations, initial face-to-face consultations, review of independent legal documents, preparation of a Simple Will, preparation of a Living Will, representation in small claims court, assistance with government programs like INS and Welfare, letters written on your behalf, phone calls made on your behalf.
Our lawyers are here for you whenever you need them. So there's no time limit on your initial phone or face-to-face consultations for each new legal matter, and no limit to the amount of independent documents that they'll review. This is limited to a 6 page maximum per document.
Not only do you get nine services for zero cost, but you get huge discounts on additional services. For instance, a simple divorce is usually $1100 for non-members. But for you it's only $275 – a 75% discount! Plus, we guarantee a low hourly rate on other, non-discounted services.
Get more information about family legal services through Legal Club of America.
Pick up your ROKiT phone, open up the ROK Launch Control app, then select the Family Legal Services icon, click, and connect!
Family Legal Services
- What are the details of the 9 free legal services provided?
These are the nine services provided to you for free through Legal Club:
- Initial phone consultations for each new matter (no time limit)
- Initial face-to-face consultations for new legal matter (no time limit)
- Review of independent legal documents (6 page maximum per document, no limit to the number of new independent documents)
- Plan attorneys will prepare a free Simple Will for you and your family, as well as update the Will annually for free. (See definition of Simple Will in Section 3 of the Plan Guidebook)
- A state specific, web based, free Living Will form is available to Members. This form can be notarized by a Notary Public. Store this document in a safe location
- Plan attorneys will help Members represent themselves in small claims court
- Assistance in solving problems with government programs, such as INS and Welfare
- When deemed appropriate by your plan attorney, he or she will write letters on your behalf (one letter per legal matter, with no limit on the number of new legal matters)
- When deemed appropriate by your plan attorney, he or she will make phone calls on your behalf (one phone call per legal matter, with no limit on the number of new legal matters)
- What are the deeply discounted services provided?
In addition to the nine free legal services you get under our Family Legal Services plan, you receive these deeply discounted services:
Legal Services Member Rate Non-Member Rate Traffic Ticket Defense $89.00 $199.00 Name Change $155.00 $365.00 Simple Will with Minor Trust $250.00 $530.00 Chapter 7 Bankruptcy $750.00 $1500.00 Non-Support (Spouse/Child) $275.00 $1490.00 Simple Divorce $275.00 $1100.00 Regular Incorporation $295.00 $585.00 Personal Real Estate Closing $250.00 $675.00
- What is the guaranteed low hourly rate?
- Our attorneys are guaranteed to charge no more than $125 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater. That goes for legal care that is not covered under our list of free or discounted services.
- What about retainers? Lawyers have those, right?
- Yes, in the case of extended legal care, attorneys may ask you for a retainer. Any retainer asked for will be computed by multiplying the number of hours a plan attorney believes a case will take, by the plan's discounted hourly rate. For instance; 10 hours x $125.00 = a retainer of $1,250.00. Any unused portion of the retainer will be returned to you.
- What is the Contingency Fee discount?
- The contingency fee discount will be a 10% reduction of the state maximum rate or the attorney's usual rate, whichever is lower.
- How do I reach a Plan Attorney?
- First, dial (888) 421-9239 and press 2 to contact our Legal Club Member Services Department to get a referral. A Member Service Representative will ask you to identify yourself and how you're affiliated with Legal Club. Once they verify your membership, they'll ask you to briefly describe your legal issue, and then they'll refer you to a plan attorney that practices that area of law, speaks your language and is conveniently located. When contacting a Legal Club Plan Attorney, you must notify the attorney's office that you are a Legal Club of America member. If for any reason that attorney is unable to assist you, call us back at the number above to get another referral.
The following matters are excluded from your plan privileges:
Any action involving Legal Club of America®, plan attorneys, affiliated companies or any of their company's or affiliated company's directors, officers, employees or agents in any matter in which they have interests adverse to the plan member's.
Legal matters against the plan sponsor, employer, directors, officers, agents or employees, where Legal Club membership was gained through the sponsor or employer's efforts.